The Network Security Workshop focuses on day to day activities and system components to provide comprehensive understanding and hands-on experience allowing you to gain valuable experience in network security best common practices, tools and techniques. Participants will be able to examine the key concepts, protocols and the policies involved in establishing and maintaining security for a network, and building an understanding and familiarity with their operation.
This workshop will introduce CSIRT operations from the NREN perspective and will look at the nature and structure of network attacks and the motivation that drives such on‐line malicious activity. Workshop will point out the actions and processes that can be used to identify, mitigate and respond to such attacks.
- Venue: Information Technology Center, University of Peradeniya
- Duration: 3 days
- Class size: 60
- Target group: network administrators/engineers from LEARN member institutions (one who deals with the campus network)
- Program Level: Intermediate/advance
- Course fee: free of charge (two nights accommodation sharing basis, refreshment, lunch, dinner and break-first will be provided)
- Date: 12th to 14th June 2018
- Prerequisite: Good familiarity with LINUX command line and system administration jobs. Knowledge of Layer 3 protocols, and CLI Commands. Basic knowledge of security concepts is an added advantage. Linux Basis. Ref. https://ws.learn.ac.lk/wiki/linux2016
- Note: Participant are requested to bring a laptop (4GB RAM, 25GB free disk space) with VirtualBox or any other suitable hypervisor installed
- Call of Institutional Nominations Opening: 2nd May 2018
- Call of Institutional Nominations Closing: 31st May 2018
- Online Registration Opening: 1st June 2018
- Online Registration Closing: 11th June 2018
For more details visit https://indico.learn.ac.lk/e/nwsec2018