At LEARN, we interconnect universities, higher education institutes, and research institutions to enable groundbreaking discoveries and learning. We're seeking a Network/ Systems Engineer to join our dynamic team and be a driving force behind our mission.
- Be part of a team that directly impacts education and research in Sri Lanka.
- Work with cutting-edge technology and expand your knowledge.
- Collaborate with leading universities and research institutes.
- Make a difference in a vibrant and meaningful field.
Responsible for design of customer networks and preparation of technical specifications of the designs for tenders, assist customer in configuration of network devices and server applications, implementation of network monitoring systems, troubleshooting and resolving customer network and hosted services on request of support and implementation/ deployment of new network services and applications for LEARN.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Design of wired/wireless networks for customers, preparing technical documents for tender call and monitor/supervise the implementation of the network
- Monitoring of customer networks to ensure smooth running/availability and analyse/troubleshoot for any issues
- Handling customer requests related to Network and Systems services/applications issues and resolve them
- Dealing with on-going network attacks, malware and other computer/network security incidences and alerting customers accordingly
- Conducting technical trainings for customers
- Participation in local and overseas trainings/workshops
Required Qualifications and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Telecommunication Engineering / Electrical and Electronic Engineering / Computer Science (4 years degree)
- 2 years proven experience in network and system design, deployment, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Hands-on working experience with LAN/WAN networks and sound knowledge in routing (OSPF,BGP), switching and other networking procols
- Experience in configuring enterprise routers and switches and working with Linux based operating systems
- Experience in Firewalls, VPN and hardening of systems security
- Experience in network related services like Web, Mail, DNS, LDAP, Radius, Proxy, SASL, VOIP, Virus and Spam filters
- Experience in PHP, Python, Shell, Perl scripting
Salary & Benefits
- The starting salary offered will be LKR 118,000/- per month, along with a fixed allowance of Rs. 96,300/- per month.
- Both local and overseas trainings/workshops
- Financial support to obtain necessary certification and for professional development
- Structured career path within the organization
Upper age limit is 30.
Workplace: Peradeniya, Kandy
Join LEARN, and help us shape the future of education and research in Sri Lanka. Your expertise can make a world of difference! Apply today and be a part of something extraordinary.
If you satisfy the qualifications outlined above and are attracted to this opportunity, kindly complete the form below by providing the necessary details.
* Applications will be processed in the order they are received, and qualified candidates will be contacted accordingly.
*All the documents should be in the PDF format and renamed accordingly. The resume should be renamed to the name of the applicant.
* Please note that applications not adhering to the provided instructions will not be taken into consideration.